Sunday, April 1, 2007

Send it back to China

I have a box of unintentionally disposable items I have collected at home. They are not advertised as such - because they are not diapers, napkins or other actual throw away goods. But instead the box contains an assortment of odds and ends that easily broke and ironically say "Made in China" on them.
Now I don't know what to do with them. As I do not intentionally shop at Big Box stores, most of these items are gifts or accessories that have somehow arrived here. So I can't return them, they aren't garbage, but look more like something out of "The land of the broken toys". So I have no other choice but to send them back to China.

My box contains:
1 badly painted, sharp wooden sled that once contained Holiday chocolates.
1 kid's microphone whose microphone feature never worked.
1 American Airlines freebie toy airplane with no way to change the batteries, so it sits mute.
1 set of child's pajamas whose stitching unraveled
1 metal serving spoon that is rusting (whatever happened to stainless steel?)
1 Fondue pot heating platform that emits a toxic odor each time it is used.

I hope Hu Jintao likes it!

No comments: