Tuesday, April 24, 2007

If I am Running Am I Being Chased?

I recently spoke to my dubious relative Ratboy. He informed me that by leaving the East Coast I had left behind the impression that I had "run away".
Run away from what I asked? Ratboy thought for a moment and stated, "all this, the East Coast". What exactly does that mean? I am not one of those Alaskans that came to Alaska in order to evade the law. As far as I know, no crime was committed.
Yet, the other East Coast inhabitants are perplexed--how could she not like traffic congestion, pollution and playing 'Keep up with the Joneses'?
As far as I am concerned, they are just trapped. Trapped in a world where you are drowning in debt to impress your neighbors. Where kids mock each others outfits at school. And everyone needs to believe this is good--otherwise why would they be putting up with all the stress??
I am the space alien who got on the space ship and left mars, because I finally realized that it was just a dusty, dry planet after all.....

No comments: