Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Note to the Undecided Voters

Now about those "mysterious" undecided voters. I am pretty sure I know where they lurk, and I think I even know a few of them personally!!
Don't want to stereotype anyone, so I won't mention which sex they are. BUT I have heard their bizarre pre-election comments, like: " I recorded the presidential debates" or "I liked that candidates speech, now I'll vote for them".
The Horrors!!
Especially to me, a never undecided voter, it all seems like crazy speak.
I know how these "undecided" folks think about other issues--like their kids schools or the household budget--they will analyze that to death. So I don't think they are stupid. Just completely ignorant to the political process.

So my thoughts to the "undecided" folks are: imagine that politics is like High School. And you want to vote for homecoming queen. You know the girls that are in the running. One is a total bitch, the other a lesser bitch. Would you vote for the bigger bitch just because she had a nicer poster?? Or gave a good speech or debate? No, as you would know she is being totally phony!

That's politics in a nut shell. Ignore the posters and the advertisements. Ignore everything the politicians say. Read real articles about what the candidates have actually done, from (imagine this!) sources like real newspapers! (not phony weird little newspapers or people who make their living saying mean or paranoid things). There are even fact check websites available--but this is dangerous territory, because if you don't have all day to recheck the legitimacy of the fact checkers, you still may wind up misled. In effect, just remember that every politician is the phony bitch in high school, and it should make the whole process much easier. Better yet, if you are still undecided--maybe stay home.

No comments: