Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Internet Keeps Insulting Me

I don't know what goofy geek comes up with the formula for the internet ads generated specifically for me, but I want to have a word with him or her.
I am getting pretty fed up with constant yahoo ads for cosmetic skin creams and senior citizen dating sites. (what have I been searching???? pimples and Depends??) Why not flatter me instead?? Where are the ads for exotic chocolates or wine??
Google treats me no better-- every time I open a news story, they make sure I have to scroll through multiple links about getting out of my debt, loosing belly fat, going back to school for a high school diploma or "looking 27" again. Why are these ads for me?? I thought they could figure this stuff out??
Deleting my spam folder is another tedious chore, as I scroll and delete through: winning walmart coupons, erectile dysfunction creams, penis pumps and again with the debt!

Maybe they are just generalizing to the average American (or to an Alaskan??) I don't know. If so it's very sad. You mean to tell me everyone online is a high school drop out with debt, belly fat, seeking insurance loop holes and looking to date Christian singles??

No comments: