Monday, October 25, 2010

I Am Not Joe Miller and Do the Youth Know Better?

As if the tea baggers haven't overused the statement already, Joe Miller has decided to excuse his shady background with the lame line: "I am just like you...the voter... warts and all..." I hate that line. 1-because I don't have your warts Joe and 2- I want elected officials to be better than me. Only tea party nuts would want their politicians to be of average intellect and never better!
Another election topic:
I am reading about the potential young voters in the 2010 election and the question on everybodys' mind is--will they be participating or not? Analysts cringe as they speak of young voters being unmotivated and lacking the enthusiasm to participate in the political process. To prove how unenthused they are, many young people are stating it won't really make a difference who gets control of congress. The Dems worry about this all the time--especially because currently young voters are polling as having a much better impression of Obamas' job performance than their parents' generation does. So what gives?
Well my theory is that the young people are actually more pragmatic than their paranoid parents. I always love saying stuff like: if the youth of today would stop sexting each other and doing bong hits, maybe they would pay more attention and vote. But I can't help but notice their instinctive honesty about Obama--like what's the problem? I still like the guy, I knew the world wasn't going to reverse directions in a few months....It looks like the older generation is the one with the crazy unrealistic expectations for Obama--and they really should know better!!! I remember when the Tea Party and queen Sarah started criticizing Obama--he had barely slept a night in the white house, and they wanted everyone to think he had failed, failed and failed--at everything.
Well if you scream and yell loud enough--people do hear you. Eventually all the dumb-asses who hear this nonsense believe it and there you go--a ridiculous midterm election where voters are swaying towards the Republicans based on bad sound bites. Totally ignoring that Obama did not fail-- afterall he did stop the giant depression everyone was excited about just two years ago. And real change will take a long time to be appreciated and noticed. But for now, it seems only the young stoners seem to have the patience to understand this....

No comments: