Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Things My Dogs Have Eaten

I was thinking about how ridiculously healthy my pound puppies are--and their ability to tolerate the weirdest things. Now, I am not a cruel person, I don't allow bizarre foods (not even table scraps!)--but dogs just get into stuff-- They have both made it to the ripe old age of ten and at least Dingo (sled dog mix) has at this point stopped ingesting weird stuff.

What Dingo has been capable of consuming (but not at the same time!): whole bag of Roma tomatoes, one pan of brownies, three giant muffins, iced latte with whipped cream, whole package of fruit Mentos (she spit out mint Mentos after finding those), leather glove, 2 cork coasters and three plastic CD cases.
What Dingo can not eat: rawhide (which of course is meant for dogs, but makes her very ill).
My other dog-- Bear, has even stranger tastes. What we have found him in the act of eating: wild birds, dragon flies, voles, numerous types of wiring--he loves wiring! We can't keep a plug or lamp near the beast. He also enjoys wooden sticks, crayons, paper and pencils. He can happily consume a whole pencil with no ill effect. What he can't eat: Iams Dog food. We have to feed him a very expensive lamb and rice formula (probably corn and wheat allergry). I'll say the crayons do produce the most interesting fecal matter of the bunch..

No comments: