Friday, November 18, 2011

Welcome to the Freeze Lodge

I just saw a headline referring to the gruesome Sweat Lodge death incident from a few years back. This was a horrible event, but begs the question: why would normal upper income Americans sign up to be "tortured" in order to gain spiritual enlightenment? I can sort of see the point, as I subject myself to outhouses a few times a year--then return home and give thanks to the porcelain toilet! Don't take for granted the glory of this flushing wonder!!!
So if there really is a market for purposeful hardships then I welcome all to: IcyJanes' Freeze Lodge.
I promise low rates, for the experience of sitting in my personal yard (or woods) --your choice-- during the Alaskan winter. (Today's high temp is -4) Experience the wonder of your nostrils freezing shut. I will provide a non-insulated tent, campfire wood, grill, Hebrew National Franks and a knit hat. Please bring your own gloves and snow pants.
I also don't want to harm anyone--so if you are getting weirdly sleepy out there, you can quit...please pay before quitting.
Another option would be the "Alaska Skeeter Lodge!"
This is the summer version of my back yard. See how long you can endure the grueling bites of thousands of hungry mosquitoes...Again, there will be a non-insulated tent and frankfurters provided. The hardest part is peeing around all those mosquitoes, as ass skin seems to be slightly thinner --so they really like it. Nevertheless, you will go home enlightened and very appreciative of walls and netting.
Booking now for the 2011 and 2012 season, please inquire for further details.

No comments: