Monday, November 18, 2013

Over that Guilt

Not too long ago I was struck by a pang of guilt for enjoying some global warming here in Alaska. Well the snowy state decided that wouldn't do, and returned back to it's standard habit of blasting me with relentless arctic air..
I always forget that one of the most annoying things about -10F is the bizarre dryness. My hair gets this wacky texture, not to mention the way it stands on end from the static electricity. Static which increases to a ridiculous amount due to the wool socks one is required to wear in this weather. There is also that peculiar way your nostrils freeze shut as you run out to plug the car in at night.
But I am choosing to embrace the dessert dryness for now, using it as a good reason to launder those awkward items-- pillow shams and a slip cover for the couch. Simply lay out to dry and voila! It's almost freaky to watch the moisture disappear.....Now only if some of it would land on my crazy hair. 

No comments: