Thursday, December 6, 2012

My Turn for Heat

Outside it was -9 yesterday. My son complained that during recess, the hockey puck snapped in half from the cold.. (the cut off for outdoor recess is -10 F)
Meanwhile, I have checked out from all this cold crap. I have been doing the worst thing possible for a liberal greenie. Hiding out and heating the house!!! To a comfortable temperature! Am I now a republican? 
After 9 years of freezing at my last house/cabin thingy in the woods, we finally have a furnace!! And what fun a furnace is!
I still require wool socks on my feet--but the rooms are warm. But my crazy family is so used to all this Alaskan cold, they have the nerve to complain that it is TOO HOT in the house! I actually had to apply a cold compress on my son's head last night...how can I live with these warm-blooded creatures?

No comments: